Percolators make some of the best coffee around. If you're not familiar with them, they are devices that brew coffee by cycling hot water through a chamber of ground coffee beans.
This process extracts more flavor and aroma from the beans than other methods, like drip brewing. If you're looking for the perfect cup of joe, a percolator is definitely worth considering. Check out our picks for the best models on the market today.
Farberware 47053 Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite 12-Cup Coffee Percolator, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, SilverView on Amazon
Moss & Stone Electric Coffee Percolator | Camping Coffee Pot Silver Body with Stainless Steel Lids Coffee Maker | Percolator Electric Pot - 10 CupsView on Amazon
- BrandMoss & Stone
Elite Gourmet EC812 Electric 12-Cup Coffee Percolator with Keep Warm, Clear Brew Progress Knob Cool-Touch Handle Cord-less ServeView on Amazon
- BrandElite Gourmet
Hamilton Beach 12 Cup Electric Percolator Coffee Maker with Cool Touch Handle, Vintage Spout, Stainless SteelView on Amazon
- BrandHamilton Beach
Last update on 2022-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
6 things to keep in mind when choosing coffee percolators
When it comes to coffee, there are a lot of choices to make. But among the most important decisions is what kind of coffee maker to use. Here are six things to keep in mind when choosing a percolator:
1) Ease of Use: Percolators are relatively easy to use. Just fill the chamber with water and ground coffee, put it on the stovetop or heat source, and wait for the coffee to percolate up into the pot.
2) Brew Time: A typical percolator brew time is about 10 minutes. If you want your coffee faster, there are electric percolators that can reduce brew time to about 5 minutes.
3) Control over Strength: With a percolator, you have complete control over the strength of your coffee. The longer you let it brew, the stronger it will be.
4) Versatility: Percolators can be used for more than just brewing coffee. Some models come with a steamer attachment that can be used to make lattes and other espresso-based drinks.
5) Keep Warm Feature: Most percolators come with a keep warm feature that will maintain the coffee at a consistent temperature. This is great if you want to keep your coffee hot without having to reheat it.
6) Price: Percolators range in price from about $30 to $200. The more expensive models usually have more features, such as a built-in grinder or an automatic shut-off.
No matter what your budget is, there is a percolator out there that will suit your needs. With so many different models on the market, it's important to do your research before making a purchase.
With the best coffee percolators, you can have full control of the coffee brewing process. Choose a percolator that is easy to use and clean as well as one that fits your budget. With so many different features available, you can find a percolator that will perfectly suit your coffee-drinking needs.