Anyone who owns or runs a small business knows that getting the right appliances is essential. Commercial refrigerators are a must for any restaurant, cafe, or store. But with so many different models and brands on the market, it can be tough to know which one is right for you.
In this article, we'll take a look at some of the best commercial refrigerators on the market today and how to choose one that fits you and your biz. Let's take a look.
Arctic Air AR49 54" Two Section Two Solid Doors Reach-in Commercial Refrigerator, 49 Cubic Feet, 115v, Stainless SteelView on Amazon
- BrandArctic Air
kalifon 54" Commercial Refrigerator with 2 Solid Door, 49 cu.ft Stainless Steel Reach-in Refrigerator for Restaurant, Bar, Home, Shop and BusinessView on Amazon
52" Double 2 Door Side By Side Stainless Steel Reach in Commercial Refrigerator, 49 Cubic Feet, for RestaurantView on Amazon
- BrandLucky Kitchen Supply
KITMA 54 In. W Commercial Refrigerators, Upright Refrigerators for Kitchen Restaurant, Stainless Steel 2 Side by Side Door Reach-in Refrigerator, Food Fridge, 6 Adjustable Shelves, 49 Cu.Ft (33℉-38℉)View on Amazon
Lucky Kitchen 52 inch Double 2 Door Side By Side Stainless Steel Reach in Commercial Refrigerator for Restaurant, 45 Cubic FeetView on Amazon
- BrandLucky Kitchen
Commerical Commercial Reach In Refrigerator 2 Door Stainless Steel Upright Refrigerator for Restaurant, Cafe, Bakery Refrigerator FCB49R 33°F - 40°F, 43.8 Cu. Ft - 2 DoorsView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-12-10 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
What is a commercial refrigerator?
A commercial refrigerator is a type of refrigerator that is designed for use in businesses, such as restaurants, grocery stores, and other food service establishments. Commercial refrigerators are available in a variety of sizes and styles to meet the needs of different businesses. The most common type of commercial refrigerator is the reach-in refrigerator, which is similar in design to a home refrigerator.
Reach-in refrigerators typically have one or two doors that open to reveal shelves for storing food items. Other types of commercial refrigerators include walk-in coolers, display cases, and under-counter units. Commercial refrigerators generally have more powerful cooling systems than home refrigerators, and they may also feature additional features, such as digital controls and lockable doors.
9 things to look for when buying a commercial refrigerator
If you really want to bring home a new commercial refrigerator, here are 9 things that you should look for:
1. Spaciousness: This first quality is important because you want to make sure that your new fridge can accommodate all of your food storage needs. If it can't, then it's not really worth the investment.
2. Efficient cooling: A good-quality commercial refrigerator will have a powerful cooling system that can keep your food fresh and cool for longer periods of time.
3. Energy efficiency: This is an important consideration these days, as most of us are looking to save on our energy bills. A commercial fridge that is energy-efficient will help you do just that.
4. Durability: A commercial fridge should be built to last, so it's important to look for one that is made with high-quality materials.
5. Easy to clean: You'll want to make sure that your new fridge is easy to keep clean, as this will help to keep your food fresh and free of bacteria.
6. Freshness: This is an important quality in any fridge, but it's especially important in a commercial one, as you'll want to be sure that your food is always fresh and appetizing.
7. Low noise level: A good commercial refrigerator should run quietly, so as not to disturb your customers or employees.
8. Attractive design: This may not be the most important quality, but it's still worth considering, as you want your fridge to look good in your business.
9. Affordable price: Of course, you'll want to make sure that your new fridge is affordable, as this is a significant investment.
If you keep these nine things in mind, you're sure to find the perfect commercial refrigerator for your business.
How much does a commercial refrigerator usually cost?
The cost of a commercial refrigerator can vary depending on the size and features that you need. However, you can expect to pay between $1,000 and $5,000 for a quality commercial refrigerator.
This premium price tag is due to the fact that commercial refrigerators are designed to withstand heavy use and maintain a consistent temperature, both of which are essential for businesses that need to store perishable items. If you are looking for a more affordable option, you can find used commercial refrigerators for sale, but be sure to check the condition of the unit before making a purchase.
What is the difference between a commercial refrigerator and a regular refrigerator?
A commercial refrigerator is typically larger and more durable than a regular refrigerator. Commercial refrigerators also have different features that are designed to accommodate the needs of businesses, such as more powerful cooling systems and the ability to maintain consistent temperatures.
What are the different types of commercial refrigerators?
Different types of commercial refrigerators include:
- Walk-in coolers: these are large, enclosed spaces that are cooled by a refrigeration unit. They are typically used to store large quantities of food or other perishables.
- Display cases: these are usually found in grocery stores or other retail establishments. They allow customers to see the merchandise while keeping it cool.
- Undercounter units: these are smaller refrigerators that are designed to fit under a countertop. They are often used in restaurants or bars.
- Ice machines: these devices create ice for use in drinks or other applications.
- Beer dispensers: these are refrigerators that store and dispense beer. They are often found in bars or restaurants.
- Wine coolers: these are refrigerators that store and chill wine. They come in various sizes and can be either standalone units or built-in to another appliance.
- Refrigerated transport: these are vehicles that have been outfitted with a refrigeration unit to keep cargo cool during transportation.
Are commercial refrigerators better?
There is a common misconception that commercial refrigerators are always better than domestic ones. This is not necessarily the case. Commercial refrigerators are designed for different purposes and have different features than domestic refrigerators. They are also usually much larger, which can be a disadvantage if you do not have enough space in your kitchen.
Do commercial fridges use a lot of electricity?
Yes, commercial fridges can use a lot of electricity. In fact, they are one of the most energy-intensive appliances in a commercial kitchen. A typical commercial fridge can use up to 3,500 watts of power, which is about three times more than a standard household refrigerator. This makes them one of the biggest energy users in a commercial kitchen.
To help offset the high energy usage of commercial fridges, many businesses are turning to energy-efficient models. These models use less power and can help businesses save money on their energy bills. Additionally, many local utilities offer rebates for businesses that purchase energy-efficient appliances, making them even more affordable.
If you are looking to purchase a commercial fridge, be sure to consider energy efficiency as one of your main criteria. By doing so, you can help reduce your business’s energy usage and save money on your monthly bills.
As you can see, picking up the best commercial refrigerator for your needs requires some decision-making. But, by picking the best one, you can ensure that your perishables are kept at a consistent temperature and durability for your business's needs. If you want to save money, you can find used commercial refrigerators for sale, but be sure to check the condition of the unit before making a purchase.