There is no fish quite like the crappie, and when it comes to catching them, you need the best fillet knives for crappie. In this article, we'll take a look at some of the top knives on the market designed for filleting these tasty fish. Whether you're a pro or just starting out, there's sure to be something here for you! So read on to find out more.
- BrandMister Twister
BUBBA Freshwater Multi-Flex Interchangeable Blade Kit, with Non-Slip Grip Handle, 2 Ti-Nitride S.S. Coated Non-Stick Blades and Case for FishingView on Amazon
Bubba 110V Electric Fillet Knife with Non-Slip Grip Handle, 4 Ti-Nitride S.S. Coated Non-Stick Reciprocating Blades, 8' Cord and Storage Case for FishingView on Amazon
Old Timer Li-Ion Cordless Electric Fillet Knife with 8in Fully Serrated Stainless-Steel Blade, Trigger Lock, Rechargeable Battery, and Self Draining Carry Case for Fishing, Filleting, and OutdoorsView on Amazon
- BrandOld Timer
Old Timer 110V Electric Fillet Knife with 8in Fully Serrated Stainless-Steel Blade, Trigger Lock, Classic Fillet Knife Cut, 8ft Cord, and Self Draining Carry Case for Fishing, Filleting, and OutdoorsView on Amazon
- BrandOld Timer
Outdoors Fillet Knife,Bait Knife,Sharp Stainless Steel Blade Fishing Knife with proctive knife sheath…View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 things to look for when buying fillet knives for crappie
When you go to buy a fillet knife there are a few things you should take into consideration to ensure you're getting the right knife for the job. Here are 10 things to look for when purchasing a fillet knife:
1. The blade length is important because you want a blade that is long enough to make filleting easier, but not too long that it becomes cumbersome. A good rule of thumb is to choose a blade that is about half the length of the fish you'll be filleting.
2. The blade should be made of stainless steel or another similarly corrosion-resistant material. This will help to keep your knife from rusting and will make cleaning it much easier.
3. The edge of the blade should be sharpened to a fine point. This will allow you to make clean, precise cuts.
4. The handle of the knife should be comfortable to hold and should not slip in your hand when wet.
5. The knife should have a full tang, which means that the blade extends all the way through the handle. This makes for a stronger knife that is less likely to break.
6. The bolster, or the portion of the blade where it meets the handle, should be made of stainless steel or another similarly durable material. This will help to protect your hand from slipping onto the blade.
7. The knife should be well-balanced so that it feels comfortable in your hand and is easy to control.
8. The knife should come with a sheath or cover of some sort to protect the blade when not in use.
9. The price is important, but you don't want to sacrifice quality for cost. Choose a knife that is well-made and will last you a long time.
10. Finally, be sure to read the reviews before purchasing any fillet knife. This will help you to see what others think about the knives you are considering and will let you make an informed decision.
When you're shopping for a fillet knife, it's important to keep these 10 things in mind. By doing so, you'll be sure to find the perfect knife for your needs.