Are you in the market for a new cooktop? If you are, you may be wondering if an induction cooktop is a right choice for you. One of the biggest questions people have about induction cooktops is what kind of pans work best with them. In this blog post, we'll take a look at some of the best pans for induction cooktops. Keep reading to learn more!
Emeril Everyday Forever Pans Hard-Anodized Cookware, 10-Piece Pots and Pans Set Nonstick with Utensils, Induction Compatible by Emeril Lagasse, Black 10 Piece SetView on Amazon
- BrandEmeril Everyday
Calphalon 10-Piece Pots and Pans Set, Nonstick Kitchen Cookware with No-Boil Over Inserts and Stay-Cool Stainless Steel Handles, BlackView on Amazon
- BrandAmazon Basics
Utopia Kitchen Nonstick Frying Pan Set - 3 Piece Induction Bottom - 8 Inches, 9.5 Inches and 11 Inches (Grey-Black)View on Amazon
- BrandUtopia Kitchen
GreenPan Lima Hard Anodized Healthy Ceramic Nonstick 12 Piece Cookware Pots and Pans Set, PFAS-Free, Oven Safe, GrayView on Amazon
HexClad 6-Piece Hybrid Cookware Set - 2, 3, and 8 Qt Pot Set with 3 Glass Lids, Stay-Cool Handle, Nonstick - PFOA Free, Dishwasher, Oven Safe, Works with Induction, Ceramic, Electric, and Gas CooktopsView on Amazon
Sakuchi Frying Pan Set with Lid Nonstick Skillet Set Induction Compatible 3 Piece, 8 Inch, 9.5 Inch and 11 InchView on Amazon
Induction Pots and Pans, Stainless Steel Pots And Pans Set 3pcs With Lid, Induction Cookware For Oven & Dishwasher Safe by MomostarView on Amazon
Paula Deen Family 14-Piece Ceramic, Non-Stick Cookware Set, 100% PFOA-Free and Induction Ready, Features Stay-Cool Handles, Dual Pour Spouts and Kitchen Tools (Sea Glass)View on Amazon
- BrandPaula Deen
Last update on 2022-08-17 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
12 things to look for when buying pans for induction cooktops
Having the best pans for induction cooktops can make all the difference when cooking. Not only will it make the process easier, but you'll also end up with better-tasting food. Here are 12 things to look for when picking out pans for induction cooktops:
1. Look for pans that have a flat bottom. This is important because it ensures that the pan makes full contact with the cooktop, which is necessary for proper heat transfer.
2. Avoid pans with plastic or wooden handles. These materials can't withstand the high heat generated by an induction cooktop and can melt or catch fire. Instead, choose pans with stainless steel or silicone handles.
3. Make sure the pan is compatible with your induction cooktop. Not all pans are created equal, and some won't work with certain types of induction cooktops. Check the manufacturer's compatibility chart to be sure.
4. Opt for a pan with a thick bottom. A thicker pan will conduct heat more evenly, resulting in better-cooked food.
5. Choose a pan made from durable materials. Induction cooktops generate a lot of heat, so you'll want a pan that can withstand it. Look for pans made from heavy-duty metals like stainless steel or aluminum.
6. Avoid coated pans. The coating on some pans can chip or peel off when exposed to high heat, leaving behind bits of toxic chemicals in your food.
7. Look for a pan with an etched surface. This type of surface helps to distribute heat more evenly, resulting in better-cooked food.
8. Avoid pans with pointed bottoms. These can concentrate the heat in one spot, leading to uneven cooking.
9. Choose a pan that's the right size for your needs. If you're only cooking for one or two people, a small pan will do. But if you're feeding a crowd, you'll need a larger pan.
10. Make sure the pan has good ventilation. This is important because it prevents the build-up of dangerous gases that can be emitted by an induction cooktop.
11. Look for a pan with a non-stick surface. This will make cleanup a breeze and prevent food from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
12. Choose a pan that's easy to clean. Some pans have more nooks and crannies than others, making them more difficult to clean. Look for a pan with a smooth surface that can be easily wiped down.
Once you have the best pans for induction cooktops, you'll be able to enjoy perfectly cooked food every time. Keep these 12 things in mind when shopping for pans and you'll be sure to find the perfect one for your needs.