If there's one thing that every meat-lover can agree on, it's that nothing beats a juicy, perfectly cooked steak. However, cooking steaks to perfection can be a bit of an art form. Luckily, with the right pan and temperature settings, anyone can create the perfect steak at home. So, what's the best pan for cooking steaks? Keep reading to find out!
ESLITE LIFE 11 Inch Nonstick Grill Pan for Stove Tops with Lid Induction Compatible, PFOA & PTFEs FreeView on Amazon
- BrandESLITE LIFE
Griddle Aluminum Nonstick Stove Top Square Grill Pan,Chef Quality Perfect for Meats Steak Fish And Vegetables,Dishwasher Safe,11 inch, Black By Moss & Stone (Comes With a Special Cloth And Gloves)View on Amazon
- BrandMoss & Stone
Backcountry Cast Iron 12" Large Square Grill Pan (Pre-Seasoned for Non-Stick Like Surface, Cookware Range / Oven / Broiler / Grill Safe, Kitchen Skillet Restaurant Chef Quality)View on Amazon
- BrandBackcountry Iron
COOKSMARK Copper Pan 11-Inch Nonstick Copper Griddle Pan with Stainless Steel Handle Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe PTFE PFOA FreeView on Amazon
S·KITCHN Grill Pan with Folding Handle, Nonstick Grill Pan for Stove Tops, Induction Compatible KBBQ Grill Pan with Pour Spouts, Indoor Rectangle BBQ Grilling Pan - 13 × 9INView on Amazon
13 Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan Steak Pan Pre-seasoned Grill Pan with Easy Grease Drain Spout, with Large Loop Handles with Easy Grease Draining for Grilling Bacon, Steak, and Meats.View on Amazon
COOKER KING 10 inch Nonstick Square Grill Pans Induction For Stove Tops With Detachable Snap-on Handle, Square Skillet, 100% APEO & PFOA Free, Bacon Pan, Dishwasher Safe, Oven Safe, 10'' - BlackView on Amazon
- BrandCOOKER KING
Last update on 2022-08-17 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 things to look for when buying pans for steaks
Steaks are, perhaps, one of the most popular dishes in the world. A good steak can make your mouth water and your taste buds tingle with anticipation. But, in order to have a good steak, you need a good pan. Here are ten things to look for when buying pans for steaks:
1) The size of the pan is important. You want to make sure the pan is big enough to fit the steak you're planning on cooking. In reality, you will often need a pan that is slightly larger than the steak itself, as the meat will shrink during cooking.
2) The material the pan is made out of is also important. A good pan for steaks should be made out of stainless steel, cast iron, or carbon steel. These materials conduct heat well and will help to ensure that your steak cooks evenly.
3) The thickness of the pan is also something to take into consideration. A thicker pan will retain heat better and will result in a more even cook. However, a thicker pan will also be heavier and more difficult to maneuver.
4) You'll also want to take a look at the handles on the pan. The handles should be sturdy and easy to grip. They should also be heat-resistant so you don't have to worry about them getting too hot to touch.
5) The shape of the pan is also important. A good pan for steaks should have a wide base and sloped sides. This will allow the fat to drain away from the steak as it cooks, resulting in a leaner, healthier steak.
6) The surface of the pan is also something to consider. A smooth surface will help to prevent sticking and will make cleanup a breeze. A textured surface, on the other hand, can help to promote browning and give your steak a nice crust.
7) Next, take a look at the lid. The lid should fit snugly on the pan and should be made out of a material that won't shatter if it comes into contact with heat.
8) Another important consideration is how the pan is seasoned. A good pan for steaks should be preseasoned with high-quality oil. This will help to create a nonstick surface and will also add flavor to your steak.
9) You will also want to consider the price of the pan. A good pan for steaks doesn't have to be expensive, but you should make sure that you're getting a quality product.
10) Finally, take a look at the warranty. A good pan for steaks should come with a warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship. This will ensure that you can get a replacement if something goes wrong with your pan.
When it comes to cooking steak, having a good pan is essential. Keep these ten things in mind when shopping for pans and you'll be sure to find one that's perfect for your needs.
How to maintain your steak pans
After using, you should do these:
1) Wash the pan with soap and water. If there is food stuck on the pan, you can use a stiff brush to scrub it off.
2) Rinse the pan thoroughly and dry it with a clean cloth.
3) Apply a thin layer of oil to the pan. This will help to protect the surface and keep it from rusting.
4) Store the pan in a cool, dry place.
5) When you're ready to use the pan again, wipe off any excess oil with a clean cloth before cooking.
Now you know how to pick up the best pans for steaks as well as how to maintain them properly. So, go ahead and enjoy your delicious steak without any worries.