Little Donkey Andy Women’s Lightweight Waterproof Rain Jacket Outdoor Windbreaker Rain Coat Shell for Hiking, Travel Mosaic Blue MView on Amazon
- BrandLittle Donkey Andy
Diamond Candy Womens Rain Jacket Waterproof Winter Coat with Hood Windproof Lightweight Hiking Jackets for Ski BlueView on Amazon
- BrandDiamond Candy
MARMOT Women’s Essential Rain Jacket | Gore-tex, Lightweight, Waterproof, Windproof, Arctic Navy, MediumView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
8 things to look for when choosing the best rain jackets for hiking
When you go hiking, the last thing you want is to be wet and uncomfortable. The best way to avoid this is to make sure you have a good rain jacket with you. But with so many options on the market, how do you choose the right one?
Here are eight things to look for when choosing the best rain jackets for hiking:
1) Waterproofing - Make sure the jacket you choose is completely waterproof and breathable. The best rain jackets feature a waterproof membrane, such as Gore-Tex or eVent, that will keep you dry even in the heaviest downpours.
2) Fit - You want your jacket to fit snugly but not be too tight. A good rain jacket should allow for layering underneath and provide enough room for comfortable movement during physical activities like hiking.
- Best Gloves For Everyday Use
- Best Gloves For Farm Work
- Best Gloves For Fencing
- Best Gloves For Fiberglass
- Best Gloves For Firewood
3) Breathability - Look for a rain jacket with good air permeability to keep you from getting clammy in warm weather. This is especially important when hiking in humid climates, where air circulation is key to keeping your body temperature regulated.
4) Durability - Make sure the jacket you choose is made of a durable material that can withstand wear and tear. Look for jackets with reinforced zippers, seams, and other areas vulnerable to wear.
5) Pockets - Many rain jackets come with plenty of pockets, making it easy to store essentials like your phone, snacks, or other items while on the go.
6) Weight - A jacket that is lightweight but still provides adequate protection from the elements is key when hiking long distances.
7) Style - While style isn't typically a priority when choosing hiking gear, you want to make sure your jacket looks good as well as performs well. Choose one in a color that you like and will feel comfortable wearing on the trail.
8) Price - Look for a jacket that is within your budget but still provides all the features you need. You don't have to break the bank to get a good rain jacket - there are plenty of quality options at reasonable prices.
By keeping these eight things in mind, you'll be able to find the perfect rain jacket for your next hiking adventure. With the right gear, you can stay dry and keep enjoying nature no matter what the weather brings!