Range hoods are an essential part of any kitchen. They collect the smoke and grease from cooking and protect your cabinets and walls from damage. If you have a gas stove, it's especially important to get a range hood that is specifically designed for gas stoves. Here are some of the best range hoods for gas stoves on the market today.
Cosmo 668ICS750 30 in. Island Mount Range Hood with 380 CFM, Soft Touch Controls, Permanent Filters, LED Lights, Tempered Glass Visor in Stainless SteelView on Amazon
COSMO 63175S 30 in. Wall Mount Range Hood with Ducted Convertible Ductless (No Kit Included), Ceiling Chimney-Style Stove Vent, LEDs Light, Permanent Filter, 3 Speed Fan in Stainless SteelView on Amazon
COSMO COS-5MU36 36 in. Under Cabinet Range Hood Ductless Convertible Duct (Kit Not Included), Slim Kitchen Stove Vent with 3 Speed Exhaust Fan, Reusable Filter and LED Lights in Stainless Steel, 36 inchView on Amazon
Broan-NuTone 413004 Non-Ducted Ductless Range Hood with Lights Exhaust Fan for Under Cabinet, 30-Inch, Stainless SteelView on Amazon
Broan-NuTone 403004 Range Hood Insert with Light Exhaust Fan for Under Cabinet, 30", Stainless Steel, 6.5 Sones, 160 CFMView on Amazon
BROAN NuTone BCDJ130WH Glacier Range Hood with Light Exhaust Fan for Under Cabinet, 400 CFM, 30-Inch, WhiteView on Amazon
COSMO 63190 36 in. Wall Mount Range Hood with Ducted Convertible Ductless (No Kit Included), Kitchen Chimney-Style Over Stove Vent, 3 Speed Exhaust Fan, Permanent Filters, LED Lights in Stainless SteelView on Amazon
Wall Mount Range Hood 30 inch with Ducted/Ductless Convertible Duct, Stainless Steel Chimney-Style Over Stove Vent Hood with LED Light, 3 Speed Exhaust Fan, 450 CFM, TieasyView on Amazon
COSMO 5U30 30 in. Under Cabinet Range Hood with Ducted / Ductless Convertible (Kit Not Included), Slim Kitchen Over Stove Vent, 3 Speed Exhaust Fan, Reusable Filter, LED Lights in Stainless SteelView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
What are range hoods for gas stoves?
A range hood designed for use with a gas stove typically has a few key features that distinguish it from other types of range hoods. The most important feature is that it has a fan that is specifically designed to deal with the fumes and smells produced by cooking with gas.
Additionally, these range hoods often have special filters that are designed to trap grease and other contaminants produced by cooking with gas. Finally, many range hoods for gas stoves are also equipped with lights, which can be helpful when cooking in low-light conditions.
12 things to look for when buying range hoods for gas stoves
It might be difficult if this is your first time buying a range hood for your gas stove. In this case, here are 12 factors you should keep in mind that will help you choose the perfect range hood for your needs.
1. The size of the range hood. Make sure to measure the width of your stovetop and compare it to the dimensions of the range hood. You want a range hood that is wide enough to cover the entire stovetop.
2. The type of fan. Range hoods for gas stoves typically have either ducted or recirculating fans. Ducted fans vent fumes and smell directly outside, while recirculating fans filter and recycle the air inside your kitchen.
3. The power of the fan. The strength of the fan is measured in CFM or cubic feet per minute. The higher the CFM, the more powerful the fan.
4. The noise level. Range hoods can be quite loud, so it’s important to choose one that won’t disrupt your kitchen's peace and quiet. Look for a range hood with a low noise level (measured in sones).
5. The type of filter. Most range hoods for gas stoves use charcoal filters to trap grease and odors. Some also have aluminum mesh filters to catch smaller particles.
6. The ease of cleaning. You want a range hood that is easy to clean, both inside and out. Look for a range hood with dishwasher-safe filters and a self-cleaning feature.
7. The warranty. Many range hoods come with a warranty, so be sure to read the fine print before you make your purchase.
8. The style. Range hoods come in a variety of styles, from sleek and modern to classic and traditional. Choose a style that complements the rest of your kitchen’s décor.
9. The finish. Range hoods are available in a variety of finishes, including stainless steel, brass, and copper. Choose a finish that matches the other hardware in your kitchen.
10. The price. Range hoods can vary widely in price, from around $100 to $1,000 or more. It’s important to set a budget before you start shopping so you can narrow down your options.
11. The installation. Some range hoods are easy to install, while others require professional help. Be sure to factor in the cost of installation when you’re budgeting for your new range hood.
12. The reviews. Before you make your final decision, be sure to read online reviews of the range hoods you’re considering. This will give you an idea of what other customers have liked and disliked about each model.
When it comes to choosing the best range hood for your gas stove, there are a few key factors to keep in mind. Make sure to choose a range hood that is the right size for your stovetop, has a powerful fan, and is easy to clean. Also, be sure to read online reviews before you make your final decision. By following these tips, you’ll be sure to find the perfect range hood for your needs.