In the world of sushi, knives are an important tool. Not all knives are created equal, however, and it is important to choose the right one for the job. In this blog post, we will discuss the best sushi knives on the market and what makes them stand out from the rest. So, if you're looking to buy a new sushi knife, keep reading!
DALSTRONG Yanagiba Sushi Knife - 9.5 inch - Phantom Series - Japanese High-Carbon AUS8 Steel - Pakkawood Handle - Sheath IncludedView on Amazon
Kitchen + Home Non Stick Sushi Knife - The Original 8 inch Stainless Steel Non Stick Multipurpose Chef KnifeView on Amazon
- BrandKitchen + Home
Sashimi Sushi Knife 10 Inch - Perfect Knife For Cutting Sushi & Sashimi, Fish Filleting & Slicing - Very Sharp Stainless Steel Blade & Traditional Wooden Handle + Gift BoxView on Amazon
- BrandLucky Cook
JapanBargain 1550, Sashimi Yanagiba Knife Japanese High Carbon Stainless Steel Sushi Chef Knife, Made in Japan, 8-1/4 inchesView on Amazon
DALSTRONG Yanagiba Sushi Knife - 10.5" - Shadow Black Series - Black Titanium Nitride Coated - High Carbon - 7CR17MOV-X Vacuum Treated Steel- Sheath - NSF CertifiedView on Amazon
KITORY Kiritsuke Knife Chef`s Knife 7.5" Damascus Pattern Japanese Kitchen Knives with Sheath for Meats, Sushi and Vegetables, German HC Steel, PakkaWood Handle for Home&Restaurant-FLAMINGO SERIESView on Amazon
MITSUMOTO SAKARI 8 inch Japanese Gyuto Chef Knife, Professional Hand Forged Kitchen Chef Knife, 3 Layers 9CR18MOV High Carbon Meat Sushi Knife (Rosewood Handle & Gift Box)View on Amazon
- BrandMITSUMOTO SAKARI
KYOKU Samurai Series - 10.5" Yanagiba Knife Japanese Sushi Sashimi Knives - Superior Japanese Steel - Wenge Wood Handle - with CaseView on Amazon
Sashimi Sushi Knife Japanese 10.5 inch Yanagiba Knife,Japanese VG10 Stainless Steel Single Bevel Blade, Perfect Rosewood Handle Filleting & Slicing Knife- KeemakeView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
7 things to look for when buying sushi knives
Eating sushi has been increasing in popularity in recent years, and as a result, there are more people than ever looking to purchase sushi knives. With so many different options on the market, it can be difficult to know which knife is the best for you. Here are 7 things to look for when purchasing sushi knives:
1. The first thing you want to consider is the type of steel that the knife is made from. There are two main types of steel used in sushi knives, carbon steel, and stainless steel. Carbon steel is considered the better option because it is harder and holds an edge better than stainless steel. However, it is also more susceptible to rusting and will need to be oiled regularly. Stainless steel is easier to care for but does not hold an edge as well.
2. The next thing you want to look at is the blade shape. There are three main types of blade shapes used in sushi knives, the usuba, the yanagiba, and the takobiki. The usuba is a traditional Japanese knife that has a rectangular blade with a sharp point. It is primarily used for cutting vegetables. The yanagiba is a long and thin knife that is used for slicing fish. The takobiki is also a long and thin knife but it has a rounded tip which makes it better for cutting octopus and squid.
3. Another important consideration is the handle material. Sushi knives can have either wooden or plastic handles. Wooden handles are more comfortable to hold and provide a better grip, but they are also more susceptible to water damage. Plastic handles are easier to care for and are not as prone to water damage, but they can be less comfortable to hold.
4. You also want to make sure that the knife you purchase is the right size for your hand. Sushi knives come in a variety of sizes, so it is important to find one that fits comfortably in your hand. Otherwise, you may have difficulty using it properly.
5. Another important factor to consider is the price. Sushi knives can range in price from a few dollars to hundreds of dollars. It is important to find a knife that is affordable for you, but also one that is high quality.
6. You also want to make sure that the sushi knife you purchase comes with a warranty. This will protect you in case the knife breaks or is damaged in any way.
7. Finally, you want to make sure that the store you purchase your sushi knife from is reputable and has a good return policy. This way, if you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it without any trouble.
When purchasing a sushi knife, it is important to consider all of these factors in order to find the best knife for you. With so many different options on the market, it is important to do your research in order to find the best sushi knife for your needs.
With the best sushi knife in hand, you will be able to make sushi like a pro. Just remember to consider all of the factors mentioned above, and you will be sure to find the perfect knife for you. So what are you waiting for? Start shopping for your new sushi knife today!