Did you know that July was National Blueberry Month?
July is a perfect month for this sweet little berry. They are super plump and perfectly ripe right now. That and they make the perfect color combination for that Red White and Blue Holiday smack dab in the middle of summer.
I love how sweet blueberries are and they are just chock full of antioxidants also. Good for your heart, eyes, skin and bones. Mostly just good for your taste buds!
More recipes @ pandpkitchen.com
The blueberries work perfect in this salsa. They add just a bit of sweetness to balance against the heat of the jalapeno. I used a special ingredient in this that may not be readily available in a regular grocery store. Jalapeno Salt. You can find it at specialty spice shops. It can be substituted for a second jalapeno if you want that extra heat.
Fresh salsa is always better than the kind you buy in a jar. This is super easy to make and will be a great crowd pleaser! Need a bunch for a party? Fine just double or triple the recipe.
I can guarantee that you will want to do that for sure!
Fresh and with a hint of heat Summer Salsa www.pandpkitchen.com
Go ahead and dive right in and gobble it all up!
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 3 small tomatoes diced and juices reserved
- 1/2 a small white onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced and seeded if you don’t want it too strong. Leave the seeds if you like HEAT
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp of each:
- salt, pepper, cumin and jalapeno salt
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and stir together. Use as much of the tomato juices as possible.
- Cover and Chill for 30 min
- Grab the chips and Enjoy!
Other interesting guides: