You can not tell that Spring is right around the corner here in Kansas City. There is the absence of one major player. THE SUN! It must be on vacation in the Caribbean because it is not hanging out in the skies around here! The only time I see sun is when I am stuck at work. There is one thing a food blogger needs more than quality ingredients for her food and that is the SUN for her photographs! Well sun or no sun these cookies are amazing tasting! Even if you can’t tell by the photo’s when you take a bite of these it feels like the whole sun is pouring sunshine right down on you. The Lemon is so happy tasting! Yes I said Happy Tasting. Happy is exactly how you are going to feel with these. The cute little pink feet and that funny little tail all surround with a cooking bursting with Spring and Lemon.
More recipes @ pandpkitchen.com
You can have such a fun and great time making these with the kiddo’s! A super fun Spring or Easter Cookie. Just think of all the fun your kiddies will have trying to grab up the cookies before they “Hop” away! By “hopping” I mean jumping into the mouth of anyone standing near them! These are some of the most fun cookies I have made in a while and definitely the easiest! A box cake, M&M’s, and a tube of premade frosting. That’s it. Seriously Simple. Seriously fun. Seriously tasty!
- 1 box lemon flavored cake mix
- 24 yellow peanut M&M;’s
- 24 pink dark chocolate M&M;’s
- 1 tube ready to use white frosting
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- powdered sugar for rolling and dusting
- preheat oven to 350
- in a mixing bowl combine the cake mix oil and eggs
- make 1 tbs sized balls and roll in the powdered sugar
- place on a prepared cookie sheet and back for 9-11 min
- remove from and place on a wire rack to cool
- once cool use the ready to use frosting to draw the outline of the feet and place a dab of frosting on the pink M&M;’s and place inside the feet outline
- put a dab of the frosting on the Yellow Peanut M&M; and place the tail
- dust powdered sugar to give the cookie a more “fuzzy” look
- Have fun with your cookies!