I thought I would celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a sweet treat. Churro Cookies take the classic cinnamon and sugar flavors of a Churro and combine them to make one spectacular cookie!
Are you a superfan of all things Churro? Can you resist that sweet sugary dusting? Do you swoon over the cinnamon? Does the sweet fried dough put a big smile on your face? Then you are going to fall deeply in love with these Churro Cookies!
I was really excited at the great Churro flavor these cookies really have. All the sweetness without the grease of the fried dough. Cinnamon chips are the main star of this cookie and are what gives them their main flavor.
More recipes @ pandpkitchen.com
The cookie is my standard go to cookie recipe. Using different flavors and mix ins are what make each recipe unique. This cookie dough is perfect. It’s sweet, and makes soft chewy perfect cookies each time no matter what you mix in. It’s a tried and true no-fail recipe!
I always chill my cookie dough before placing it in the oven. The easiest way to do this is to spoon the cookie dough into tbsp sized balls and place on cookie sheet. Chill the whole cookie sheet. Chilling the dough really helps them to set up and makes for a softer and puffier cookie.
Let’s talk about that beautiful cinnamon sugar dusting on top! The cookies get a roll in the cinnamon sugar before baking and then another dusting as soon as they are out of the oven. Creating a perfect sugary topping.
I know that Churro Cookies will be a welcome addition to your Cinco de Mayo menu and that you will make them again and again!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking SODA
- 2 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1 12oz bag of cinnamon chips
- 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon for topping
- cream the sugars and butter until fluffy
- mix in the egg and vanilla
- add in the salt and baking soda
- slowly add in the flour
- once all combined and a dough is formed
- fold in the cinnamon chips
- make 1 tbsp sized balls of the dough and roll them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture
- place on parchment lined cookie sheets approx 2″ apart
- chill the raw cookies right on the cookie sheet for at least 1 hour
- preheat oven to 350
- cook each sheet for 9 -10 min each
- as you bring a sheet out of the oven
- sprinkle a bit more of the cinnamon sugar mixture on each hot cookie
- let cool and serve