Copy Kat McDonalds Chicken nuggets are every child’s favorite. Now you don’t have to leave the house to get your kids to eat.
I know how hard it can be to get little ones to eat anything new. There are times when no matter how hard you try, it’s only a chicken nugget they want. Now you can give them what they want and know exactly what ingredients were used.
No more guessing games with the photo’s circulating around the “pink slime” they say the nuggets are made of. I don’t know if it’s true or not but I would rather not take a chance.
More recipes @ the Plaid and Paisley Kitchen
Fresh ground chicken, seasonings, egg, and flour. That’s it. No preservatives, no chemicals, no “pink slime”. Your kids won’t even know that you made them at home.
I know that I have succumbed to the lure of chicken nuggets every now and then. I totally know why kids like them so much. They Taste Good!
These Copy Kat’s truly do taste just like their names sake. Dipped in BBQ sauce, ketchup, honey mustard, ranch, whichever your kids are obsessed with dipping their food in, will only make them happier!
Want to make them even healthier? Instead of dipping them in flour and frying, use bread crumbs and bake them.
Make the kids happy and be assured that you are giving them fresh food without worry of chemicals!
- 1 pound fresh ground chicken antibiotic and hormone free
- 1 tsp each: salt, pepper, onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg plus 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- heat the oil in a deep frying pan
- combine the ground chicken and the seasonings in a bowl
- have one bowl with the flour
- and another bowl with the egg beaten with the water
- take about 2 tbsp of chicken and from into a nugget
- first dip the nugget in the egg
- then place in the flour making sure to cover nugget completely
- place in the hot oil and fry on each side 2-3 minuets
- place on a paper towel to drain
- serve with kids favorite dipping sauce