You know that day when everything seems to have been working against you. That you swear the Cosmos must be laughing down at you while it wreaks havoc in your life. Every car in front of you is an idiot, every line you get in is the slowest, your bank account is way lower than you thought it was, the store has every size available but yours, you can’t find your favorite socks and your are wearing the ones that keep bunching up at the toes driving you insane, that day.
More recipes @ pandpkitchen.com
That is the kind of day I was having. I just wanted to go back to bed and pretend that it never happened. Not even a do-over, just a never have happened. Seeing as the day that this post goes live it will be Black Friday and I am in Retail I bet I will be having that kind of day again…… On days like this you really need good old fashioned comfort food! Seriously stick to your insides and make you all warm and happy inside comfort food! Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Mac and Cheese and Chicken Noodle Soup all fit the bill. This dish takes Mac and Cheese to a whole new level! When I say that this is Dressed Up, I am not fooling around. This is heavy duty comfort food with intense get the job done flavors. So when the day is all shot and you need that warmth and stick to your ribs comfort, dish up a bowl of this:
After a bowl of this you won’t even remember the color of that stupid car, what it was you were waiting in line for, you don’t even like that item that they don’t have your size in, if you had more money in your account you would just spend it, kick off the shoes and go barefoot it’s better that way anyway. So whip up a batch and serve it to the whole family and I guarantee you won’t have a grumpy grouse for 2 or 3 days!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion dices
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1 can condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 1/2 cups elbow pasta
- 1 1/2 c Cheddar Cheese
- (I added a touch of yellow food coloring to help boost the color for the photos)
- brown and drain the ground beef (I always salt and pepper my meat while it is cooking for a layering of flavors)
- In a stock pot saute the onions in 2 tbs olive oils for approx 5 min add the beef in
- add the chili powder and the cumin
- pour in the milk and add the Cheddar Cheese Soup
- mix in the pasta and bring to a boil stirring frequently
- reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid
- cook approx 5-7 min until pasta is tender but not done
- mix in the Cheddar Cheese and cook approx 5 min more till all is melted and combined and the pasta is cooked.
- Garnish with the greens of scallions or chives. A dollop of salsa would be good also