You are going to go crazy for Peppermint Tiramisu! The classic that everyone loves with a Holiday Twist. This easy to whip up dessert is a must at all your Holiday gatherings this year. Just a few ingredients and you are on your way to spectacular!
I didn’t think that there was anything that could be done to make Tiramisu taste better. Boy oh Boy was I wrong!! I had this crazy idea that I could make a festive dessert that was different than anything you would expect. It had to be easy, tasty, festive and unique. Check, check, check and check!
No raw eggs, no baking, no muss, no fuss! The hardest part is waiting for it to chill. This dessert is beautiful and fancy and perfect for all your Holiday Parties. Make sure that you make Peppermint Tiramisu this year!
More recipes @ the Plaid and Paisley Kitchen
Lady Fingers are a little hard to find I will admit. If you can’t find them in your regular grocery store, be sure to check out some specialty shops, or even a higher end grocery store. Online is always an option, and sometimes just easier. If you can’t find them you can use a thawed frozen pound cake cut into slices.
Whipping the cream into this luscious filling is quick and easy. It’s amazing how fast the Mascarpone cheese incorporates right into the cream. I am not ashamed to admit that I licked the bowl clean! Seriously good stuff here.
Here is my very important tip! They don’t call them sponge cake for nothing. I learned the hard way just how fast these cookies soak up coffee and how they become a gross soggy mess in like 5 seconds! So just dunk them for a count of 1, 2, 3. Seriously no longer than that. Make sure that your coffee doesn’t come up higher than halfway on the cookie. I suggest pouring the coffee and liqueur in a 8×8 baking dish. This way you can lay the cookie straight into the liquid.
With just a hint of peppermint this dessert really lets the classic Tiramisu flavor shine through. Perfect for the Holiday’s but you can also serve this all year long!
What’s your favorite twist on a classic dessert? It’s so fun to know what you like! It helps me create more recipes that will make you drool.
- 21-24 Lady Fingers
- 1 mug of coffee
- 1 tbsp of coffee liqueur
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- cocoa, shaved chocolate, and crushed peppermints for top
- brew mug of coffee and let cool
- in a mixer combine heavy cream, sugar and peppermint
- mix on high for 5 min or so until stiff peaks form
- mix in the mascarpone cheese on low
- in a 8×8 or similar dish pour coffee and liqueur
- use a 8×8 or similar dish to make dessert
- place one lady finger at a time in coffee Count to three and remove
- make one layer of lady fingers
- spread on 1/3 of the cream mixture
- continue layering stopping with the cream on top
- cover in plastic wrap and chill min 3 hours overnight is best
- when ready to serve dust with cocoa and sprinkle chocolate and peppermints on top