I have kinda been on a Bread baking binge here at the P and P Kitchen. Aldi had banana’s for .10 a pound! So get ready for some really yummy banana bread recipes coming your way! Like some seriously yummy banana bread.
I wonder if everyone thinks of E.T. every time they have Reese’s Pieces? I know I do. That movie and these candies are just such a huge part of 1980′s pop culture. You know the iconic scene where E.T. wants to “phone home”? I can bet if he had this Banana bread with his favorite candy in it he would never want to leave Earth!
More recipes @ pandpkitchen.com
Every bite you take has some fun and yummy candies in it! I l love that they keep the chocolate shell and the peanut butter stays inside just waiting for you to bite into it. I always use Dutch Process Dark Chocolate Cocoa and the richness of my baked good and the intense chocolate flavor just can’t be beat. You can use any brand cocoa but for a superior chocolate I highly recommend that you use a Dutch Process.
I love how quick and easy Banana Bread is to whip up. The batter is always stable and it’s so much fun to think of new and fun ways to mix it up and add more and more fun ingredients to it. I have a few more loaves up my sleeves that I will be sharing with you!
For now I hope that you enjoy this tasty loaf!
- 1 3/4 cups AP Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking POWDER
- 1/2 tsp baking SODA
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa
- 2 over ripe mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 4 tbs milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Chocolate extract
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces Candies + more for sprinkling
- preheat oven to 350
- in a mixer combine dry ingredients
- then add banana, butter, milk and eggs and extract
- mix until batter forms and all ingredients are incorporated
- gently fold in candies
- in a well greased loaf pan pour the batter in
- smooth batter out and sprinkle a handful of candies on top
- bake for 55 min
- cool in baking dish for 30 min then remove and cool on a rack